Q. When should I put my trash/cardboard out to ensure pick up?
- Trash/Recyle must be out by 7:00 AM on the day of service. Route times may vary and collection may vary from week to week.
Q. What if I forget to put my trash out on time?
- If you are a weekly customer, please put your trash out the following week and we will pick it up at no extra charge. If you cannot wait until the following week, please call to make arrangements for a special pick up at an additional charge.
Q. What if the roads are insanely icy or snow-covered?
- Occassionally we chose not to put our trucks on the road when conditions are too dangerous. If you are unsure please listen to your local radio stations, check our Facebook page, or watch WAGM-TV.
Q. How should I contain my trash?
- Contained trash helps protect it from weather, insects and animals. Securely bagging your trash helps keep your community neat on windy days. All bags should be tied securely and cardboard tied together.
Q. Does Gil's Sanitation pick up bulk items?
- Please contact our office at least 24 hours in advance of your pick up day to arrange a special pick up for Bulk items such as furniture, appliances, grills, or large amounts of extra trash. Extra charges may apply.
Q. Which items does Gil's Sanitation consider unacceptable in weekly garbage and/or recycling collection?
- Gas, wet paint, insecticide, fertilizer, batteries, propane tanks, fire extinguishers, and ammunition. Please note: This is not an all inclusive list, if you are in doubt about a particular item, please contact the office.
Q. Why should I recycle?
- To accept a personal role in the improvement of our environment and the conservation of natural resources. Recycling is a loop. Not only is it important to put materials out for recycling, but also to buy materials made from recycled products and create demand for these items. Up to 70% more resources are used to make a product from virgin materials than are used to create a new product from a recycled material.
Q. Do I have to recycle?
- A. No, you don't have to recycle. You can place all waste in your stream. Please be aware that this could cause your rates to increase due to the added amounts going to the landfill.
Q. What if I am not sure about what I can recycle?
- A. You can call 760-2712 or you can call the Recycle Center at 764-9393 and go over what was in your bag that should not have been.